at long last, today was beautiful and sunny and clear, and i was able to get back out there and pound some pavement.
it was an unintentional 10 day hiatus, which would be about 4 runs. i was surprised and very frustrated to find that in just 10 days i had lost some momentum and progress. my breathing was a bit more labored, my shins were achy. the mental part was tougher too.
so i've got to get my head (and legs) back in the game. i've got to get back into my routine, the one where i don't think, i just run. i'm going to do a full week 4 now, even though i had already started it before the break. i may do a few extra days of week 4 too, depending on how it goes (am i just putting off the 20 minute run in week5??)
now, time for some celebrating!! HOORAY for RACHEL for getting started on her c25k!!! so exciting! i keep telling her she's going to be running laps around me in no time at all.
and, if i've got it straight, AMANDA's been running a couple times a week too...YIPPEE!
have i missed anyone?
Sunday, May 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I took my first steps today. I've been doing some interval training the old fashioned way by using my watch's interval timers. The podcasts make it so much easier so I switched. :)
Oops. I forgot to mention that I started with week 3.
i'm finishing week 2 tomorrow!! good job for getting back out there. and you will catch up again just fine!!
and i doubt i'll be running any laps around you lady!!
hooray girls!! you're on your way to tiaras!
christa- are you doing robert's podcasts or have you fashioned your own? (missed you monday!)
I'm using Robert's podcasts. I thought the techno music would bug me but its actually been quite pleasant. :)
Post a Comment